By pledging to become a See Change workplace your organisation is making a commitment to completing the six steps of the See Change workplace programme.
Prior to signing the See Change workplace pledge, organisations must create an action plan detailing how the organisation plans to achieve the six steps of the programme. This plan is a statement of the organisation’s intent to work towards creating an open culture around mental health in the workplace and to reduce the stigma and discrimination associated with mental health problems.
Please click here to download a template action plan.
Our 6-step workplace programme consists of the following:
Managerial Level (Address the needs of the organisation at managerial level)
1. Training workshops: Receive “See Change Mental Health in the Workplace” training for line managers. These workshops are fully funded by the National Office for Suicide Prevention so there is no cost for the organisation. Please note that the number of workshops is limited depending on availability and the size of the organisation.
2. Policy overhaul and implementation: See Change has developed a template “Mental Health Policy Document” which will be shared with you to help your organisation develop a Mental Health Policy.
Staff-wide (Embed an open culture towards mental health across your organisation)
3. Mental health awareness/ wellness training: Host mental health awareness training and wellness workshops for staff. Create internal communications campaigns promoting wellbeing in your newsletters, on noticeboards, in the staff canteen or on your organisation’s intranet site.
4. In-house mental health promotion: Nominate staff champions to promote wellness and challenge stigma and provide information for staff to access with ease. Organisations should nominate a representative to attend the quarterly support network forums where you can engage with other organisations that have taken the pledge, share ideas and listen to guest speakers on mental health topics.
Public engagement (Make it official that you are a See Change workplace)
5. Engage your stakeholders: Organise a stigma challenging activity in your workplace in partnership with See Change and involve local communities and stakeholders.
6. Become an official See Change workplace by signing the workplace pledge: This is a public statement that your organisation is aiming to tackle mental health stigma and discrimination in the workplace and has completed or is in the process of completing the first five steps in the workplace programme aimed at creating an open culture around mental health at work for staff.
If you are interested in taking the See Change Workplace Pledge please contact Dolores Kavanagh by e-mail at email@example.com
Some photos from the See Change workplace pledge launch, 30th April 2015.