Pens at the ready men?
Next week- Monday 11th-17th June is Men’s Health Week.
In the words of the Irish Men’s Health Forum, “This year’s MHW will focus upon encouraging and developing a ‘First Instinct’ in males which is to actively seek help, advice, support, and to act quickly in times of difficulty / crisis / ill health rather than ignoring symptoms, turning to alcohol, ‘soldiering on’, taking …their own life …”
Here’s at See Change we thought it would be good to get the male perspective on mental health problems, stigma and speaking out.
We want to hear from men about men:
- What’s your approach to managing stress, pressure and the ups and downs of life?
- Did you ever start a conversation about your own mental health with a fellow male?
- How do you think you’d react if a man-friend shared a difficulty with you?
- Is stigma still an issue for you and your peers?
- Is there something keeping Irish men silent on mental health?
Feel free to contribute anonymously or not.