Please join us for the finale day of the First Fortnight Festival 2012 -Ireland’s first mental health arts festival with talk, performance and live music events.
- 2.30pm, Saturday, 14 January 2012
- @ the Button Factory, Temple Bar
- FREE EVENT
Ireland needs meaningful discussion on mental health. To start this conversation, we’ve gathered well-known voices from Irish cultural life to share their ideas and bring their personal interpretation of the subject to life through performance, prose, music and all important discussion.
With broadcaster and See Change ambassador Claire Byrne as our host for the afternoon, the audience with be treated to engaging and entertaining performances by;
- Dil Wickremashinghe, Broadcaster, journalist, activist and comedienne.
- Paul Murray, Novelist
- Eileen Dunne, Broadcaster and See Change ambassado
- Diarmuid Gavin, Garden Designer
- Mary McEvoy, Actress and author
- John Saunders, See Change Director and poet
- Stephen James Smith, Poet
- Tony Bates, Founding Director of Headstrong
- Caroline Casey, Social entrepreneur, international speaker, founder of Kanchi and the O2 ability awards
First Fortnight 2012 Headline Gig
For the second part of the festival finale, the Button Factory will play host to a live music event showcasing the fantastic diversity of musical talent in the country with ROYSEVEN as the headline act and with other performances by bands le Galaxie, Cashier No. 9 and pop artist dREA.
- Doors 8.30pm
- For tickets see www.FirstFortnight.com