Back from its successful run in Dublin’s Smock Alley Theatre in 2012 and a sell-out performance at the First Fortnight Festival 2013, Box of Frogs will return for a national tour in May and June as part of the green ribbon campaign.
Three people on stage, happy, successful, gorgeous!!! But there’s one thing they have in common. Each of these people has now or at some time in their lives experienced the torment of mental health problems.
This “happy play about being sad” sets out to take an irreverent and rollicking look at the Irish approach to mental health using the authentic material of the cast’s real life experiences. Actress Mary McEvoy, comedian John Moynes and broadcaster Dil Wickremasinghe team up to share their stories of personal experience with a mental health problem in a mixture of stories, comedy sketches and songs to de-mystify, debunk and ultimately have a laugh with what really goes on inside our heads.
Box of Frogs is directed by Caroline FitzGerald and written by Isobel Mahon in collaboration with cast members Mary McEvoy,John Moynes and Dil Wickremasinghe.
- Thursday, May 9th: Townhall Theatre Galway Buy tickets
- Tuesday May 14th: The Dock Arts Centre, Carrick On Shannon Buy tickets
- Friday May 17th: Solstice Theatre, Navan Buy tickets
- Wednesday May 29th: Mullingar Arts Centre, Mullingar Buy tickets
- Thursday May 30th: The Source Arts Centre, Thurles Buy tickets
- Friday June 07th: Half Moon Theatre, Cork Buy tickets
- Saturday June 08th: Birr Theatre & Arts Centre, Birr Buy tickets
- Thursday June 13th: Glór Theatre, Ennis Buy tickets
- Friday June 14th: Carnegie Arts Centre, Kenmare Buy tickets
- Thursday June 20th: The Pavilion Theatre, Dun Laoghaire Buy tickets
- Friday June 21st: Droichead Theatre, Drogheda Buy tickets