Shine National Projects Team Leader
Full time permanent post
Job and Person Specification
Reporting: The post holder will report to the Chief Executive Officer
Hours: 35 hours per week (occasional weekend and evening work may be required)
Location: Maynooth, Co Kildare (with some travel)
Salary: Grade VII, point 1 (€50,016 per annum)
Shine is the national organisation dedicated to upholding the rights and addressing the needs of all those affected by mental ill health, through the promotion and provision of high quality services and working to ensure the continual enhancement of the quality of life of the people it serves.
PURPOSE OF ROLE
To develop, implement and manage Shine’s national projects and manage and support all relevant staff in their day to day activities by promoting the mission, aims and objectives of Shine in accordance with strategic and operational plans.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The holder of this post is responsible for the delivery, on-going supervision and evaluation of the following national projects under the direction of the CEO:
- See Change – the National Stigma Reduction Partnership.
- Headline – the National Media Programme for Mental Health and Suicide
- Please Talk campaign
- Mental Health in the workplace programme
- Taking Control programme
- Specific projects or campaigns as agreed
- Provision of campaign information, delivery of public presentations and training as required
- Representing the various campaigns at events
- Communicate and integrate the research, knowledge and guidance gained from the media and stigma reduction work across the organisation
- Assistance with the completion of relevant HSE documentation for all funding and other statutory, or non-statutory funding
- Operational involvement in specific activities – to be agreed
- Staff supervisory functions for the above services
- Working within and liaising with the National Projects team to ensure consistent approaches, key messaging and cohesive service delivery across the organisation
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Well-developed written and presentation skills
- Strong leadership skills
- The ability to negotiate and develop collaborative working relationships and partnerships
- Excellent project management skills and experience
- Knowledge and experience of participating in and delivering public campaigns in mental health or a related field.
- Knowledge of media, communications platforms and message management.
- Knowledge of data usage, data protection and user privacy.
ESSENTIAL EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- A third level qualification in the Humanities, Communications, Marketing or Management
- Minimum of three years’ experience working in and delivering public programmes or campaigns.
- Full Driver’s licence with use of your own car
- APPLICATION PROCESS
- Application is by official Shine Application form ONLY. Curriculum Vitae (C.V.’s) will not be accepted. Send your completed Application Form in Microsoft Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4pm on Friday 5th October 2018. In the e-mail subject line enter NPTL.
- Application Deadline: 4pm on Friday 5th October 2018
- Conditions of Appointment:
- All offers of posts are subject to Garda Vetting approval and completion of HSEL and Children First E-learning programme prior to commencement of employment.
NOTE: Due to the anticipated large number of applicants, we will not be able to reply to unsuccessful candidates. We thank you for your interest and appreciate the time and effort you have taken to apply for the post on offer.
Download the Shine Application Form – National Projects Team Leader
Download Shine’s Privacy Statement for Job Applicants