Mental Health Reform are calling on the Government to end the decades of neglect of mental healthcare by investing in mental health in Budget 2019.
They are asking the government to commit to the agreed €55M and to invest a further €55M. They are recommending a spend of €105M to go towards
- Building staff levels to ensure all service users have timely access to mental healthcare
- Develop 7 days a week, community based, crisis mental health services for children and adolescents
- Increase capacity in the Counselling in Primary Care service
- Invest in primary care psychology services
- Increase the capacity of national advocacy services for children, adolescents and adults in hospital and in the community
They have shared their pre-budget submission further outlining the necessary requirements which can be found here
Mental Health Reform are asking people to join their campaign and share their reason using #IAmAReason.
Further information and resources can be found on their website by clicking here.