On the 29th September Castletroy Park Hotel hosted a talk by musician & television star Bressie. Bressie is a positive mental health advocate & he shared his own experiences of dealing with anxiety & depression.
Our See Change Ambassador Jen Ronan also shared her personal story on the evening. Jen stole the hearts of the crowd with her endearing, quirky personality.
Bressie gave five simple tips for the audience to practice at home for 10 days.
- stay away from toxic people and environments.
- practice self-compassion.
- say 30 thank you’s from when you wake up and be grateful for life.
- have 30 mindful moments a day, pay attention to the little things in life, the comfort of a cup of tea or how snug you feel in a blanket.
- stop judging people, because you have no idea what that people could be really going through.